The Standardized Carter-Westling Empirical Weirdness Evaluation Engine

Monday, July 03, 2006

July 3

Wedding Bells for Me by Mathias Svalina

Julie: Well, that zoomed right over my head, but not before I ogled
She's calm as a mango
& warmer than hair.

Gosh. I like that. It's weird, yet I get it. I didn't really get the poem as a whole, but one line's enough today.

---------

My Psychic by James Kimbrell

Julie: This poem is over-the-top, and I bet Kimbrell would be the first to admit it. But though it isn't a poem that would seem to reward close study, it is entertaining and boisterous. It's not a poem I've read before. So few poems can say that.

---------

Missive in an Icelandic Room 3 by Jesse Ball

Julie: Huh. Well, I like short poems, but this one is either too short or way too long. It's flat and telly. Yeah, like my comments.