The Standardized Carter-Westling Empirical Weirdness Evaluation Engine

Friday, June 23, 2006

June 23

The New New Instinctivism by Dean Gorman

Julie: This one misses the mark for me entirely today. Me? The poem? Hard to say. I reread yesterday's and still like it. Today's isn't terrible or anything, just a little flat.

---------

Proof by David Hernandez

Julie: Meh. Maybe it is just me. The sparkles feel contrived, as did the reflected stories.

---------

All Things End in Fragrance and Starlings by James Hoch

Julie: Well, it might still just be me, but I loved these poems, the first somewhat more than the second, but both. I wonder if I would have preferred the second not bang up against the first. I do like reading how poets approach a topic, or even a word, in multiple ways, so I'm guessing no.