The Standardized Carter-Westling Empirical Weirdness Evaluation Engine

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

October 4

Crows by Deborah Bogen

Oh, I do like that. I tend to resist poems with such short lines, but this one works for me, with its short quick ideas and repetition repetition repetition. So happy.

---------

Experience by Christine Scanlon


I think Scanlon is simply working with a completely different asthetic than mine. I like very strong images, and I like them organic. I'm not much of a philosophizer. Strike that. I'm not a philosophizer at all. So abstract poems rarely spark anything in my noggin.

---------

Eidolon by Elaine Terranova

This is a poem with some prettiness, but it felt empty to me. I felt unconnected and irrelevant as a reader. I had nothing to bring to the table.