The Standardized Carter-Westling Empirical Weirdness Evaluation Engine

Monday, October 02, 2006

October 2

Deposition by Peg Boyers

When I got to
The sword
that I have always known would pierce my heart

I pretty much gave up. Poems have a finite opportunity to grab me, which I sometimes power through because of this project. But I just lacked the will.

---------

That Hiccup was Optimism by Christine Scanlon

I'm not sold on this poem. Disappointing because I think the title is divine. I'm too in love with images to embrace this.

---------

This Is How It Is by Neil Shepard

If the last 8 lines were hacked off of this, I think I'd love it. It's hard to tell, since they lurk there despite my attempts to ignore them. I do wonder why people (including my husband) like the horrible, awful, clingy smell of lilacs. I shall put it down to insanity.