The Standardized Carter-Westling Empirical Weirdness Evaluation Engine

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Destiny and fantasy, do dah do dah

Much in the same way that a feeling of complete control grants comfort and a sense of stability, so too does the complete lack of control. Moreover, it is easy to participate in. All you have to do is look down at the morass of troubles, complications, and burdens that life has set upon you, and fall in.--gabriel

And then suddenly we are come around to sex, like obedient little Freudians. There are more submissives than there are dominants, if internet discussions can be believed. Why? Because the lack of control is easy, and when you aren't in control, it isn't your fault.

Rape fantasies grow thick on the ground. What's interesting are the two common motivations:

1. It's my fantasy and I'm in complete control, and
2. It's my fantasy and I'm in complete submission.

Which leads me to one conclusion. Brains are neat. And I don't mean in a crunchy zombie way, either.

What's most fascinating is that with all of our ways of reinventing the world each time we look at it, we don't manage to reinvent our friends out of existence. Gabriel still puts up with me. Why? I haven't bribed him yet this year or anything.